Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baptism




I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the triplets baptism. It was so nice to have so much family around to show their love and support. Thank you to those who could be there and to those who wanted to be there so bad but couldn't.


It was a very loud baptism with all the kids/babies but it is amazing to me how the spirit can still be felt through it all. I just sat there thinking and praying in my heart that my children would live their lives so that they could always feel the spirit even through the "noise" of everyday life. I am sure that every parent would agree that all you desire is for your children to live righteously and that they will gain their own testimonies of the gospel and that they will share those testimonies, thus strengthening themselves and others around them.


We have had a few struggles here in Omaha and I have to admit that I have been tremendously "stressed" and I do not handle stress very well, I will admit. When I have stepped back from the situation(s), though, and looked through God's perspective I know that it is to strengthen our family bond. I have felt an even stronger desire to keep my family close. I have a stronger testimony of how important it is to make your home a refuge from the world. I want to do more things with my children so they know how important they are to me. I want them to be able to feel an almost tangible difference when they walk through the door into our home.


I am realizing that the older your kids get the more fervent your prayers become. I am so thankful for the strengthened testimony that our Heaveny Father is there and that he will help you through your trials. You cannot go through them alone and He is always there bringing thoughts to your mind through the Holy Spirit to calm you, to comfort you, to guide you as to what to say and/or do.


I love my children! I love my husband! I love my Heavenly Father! and someday, I will look back on these experience we are having and, through God's help, see more of his perspective of why we are here and what we can/have learned. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment