Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Triplets first 5K....

This was a 5K to raise money for the South Jordan School District. Tyler missed out cause he thought mowing a half acre of land sounded more fun. Dave and Ryan missed out because they went to pick up the boat at Lake Powell.




Cosmo made an appearance and the kids were pretty excited to get a piece of wood that he had karate chopped and then signed for them.








The picture above is at about 2 1/2 miles into the race. By that point they were tired of running and mom was trying her hardest to not listen to the compaints. Some of the complaints were annoying (there I said it) and some were funny. My favorite one was when we were going downhill and I said, "let the hill carry you down". One of them says, "I wish it were an escalator carrying us down". The one under that was at the 3 mile marker. That's when they realized they had done it!


Tah Dah! We made it! I asked them if they wanted to run in May for "The Cure" race and they said, "yes"....so, I guess it wasn't THAT bad:). Meagan even said, "I feel like I accomplished something". I was very proud of them. They were excited that they got free ice cream at the end and I was excited that I didn't loose it with them when they started complaining:-).


3 comments:

  1. That is really cool - I ran a triathlon last month and there were quite a few little kids doing ti with their parents - which I had never thought of before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! My girls want to do a 5k with me this summer and I was wondering if it was too much for them -- we'll go for it after seeing your post. Way to go triplets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne-as long as you don't mind if you make a certain time or not- I say GO FOR IT!
    Heather- my girls want to do a triathlon...of coarse, they want to do EVERYTHING though. Not sure if I'm quit ready to do another one yet. Didn't get hooked like so many people said I would.

    ReplyDelete