Saturday, May 22, 2010

We love first Saturdays of the month at Home Depot!

Before we had all this "house hopping" stuff going on we used to take the kids to Home Depot on the first Saturday of each month because they have a free craft center for kids then. They always get to build something and take it home.
We had forgotten this until we went to pick up some things needed for the house this month and it just so happen to be in the wood section (where they do the craft) and the just so happen to be doing the craft and we just so happen to have the girls with us, so......

They made cute little plant holders that look like chairs. Then we took them home and they painted them. This is Jenna's-which she made for Aunt Marge....



and this is Meagan's that she made for Gamma and Poppop Schell (we need to send it off:-) ).
Now we have it on the calendar for June so we can start this fun little tradition up again.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are always keeping your kids busy!!! I love that they love to play the violin and piano. I wish mine loved to practice. I do not go out to eat very often. Every Saturday I go out to eat. I will not cook. Once a week is easy to keep the weight off. I just go running 6-10 miles the next day. I loved your Zions post. I have to go there some day. I will definitely ask you for pointers when we do!!! I love that you cry too.

    ReplyDelete