Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jane and Tom's visit....continued.

I am trying this again....my posts pictures disappeared so I am trying to uplaod them into 2 different blogs to see if maybe I can get the pics to stay.
 
Okay, so the next day we decided to take the boat to Utah Lake. UGH! What a day! First we get there and it won't start. We had just cleaned and checked it the day before. What?!?! We figured for what ever reason it was the battery (since we had just got a new one this year we didn't know why). So, Jane and I waited with the kids at the Lake while Dave and Tom went to the Costco in American Fork. An hour later we were finally piling into the boat....found out that we couldn't put up the shade tent because one of the straps broke, then our propeller hit someones trailer under water (all turned out ok, thank goodness), then when we finally got everything taken care of we get out in the middle of the lake and go to blow up the tube for the kids and...the connector was broken. REALLY? Seriously! SOOOO........,


 
...we all got over it, prayed nothing else wrong would happen and knee boarded the whole time. It was fun because Tom's kids hadn't ever done it before. Reili did great all by herself and Amberlee did great (with me holding on to the back and being dragged behind).

 
Posted by Picasa

After all that we took the kids to dinner and ice cream. Moms and Dads needed a break! It was fun and well worth it though. I kept looking at the bright side; we were leaving for Lake Powell in 3 days and at least we could get it all taken care of and fixed for that trip....but, well..., that's for another post. Stay tuned ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment