Monday, February 14, 2011

I am only one....

 



This last year we decided as a family that we would look for more opportunities to serve. I thought it would be fun for the kids to have a visual reminder of what they need to do and what they have done so we mounted this in our family room and began keeping track.

 
Posted by Picasa

There are so many randon acts of kindness that the kids did throughout the year that didn't get put mostly because I would forget but it was neat to see the kids learn that it makes them just as happy inside to help someone as it makes the person serving happy.

"IF YOU WANT OTHERS TO BE HAPPY, PRACTICE COMPASSION. IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY, PRACTICE COMPASSION!" Here's to a GREAT 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I love the visual. That's a fab idea. I'm glad you are all caught up and you already have one for this year. I think most of your posts were from California. It seems that you have lots of family and cousins there. I bet your kids love it. That's how my kids feel about Roosevelt. I just wish it were as fun as Cali!!!

    ReplyDelete