On this day we were actually going to take the kids to a childrens science center. I remember liking those when I was young and so we decided it would be the perfect thing to get them out of the house and active. HOWEVER, when we got there we found ou that all of Southern California thought the same thing. When we realized we couldn't even find a parking space we decided to take the kids to a park. I believe they had just as much fun there for over 2 hours as they would have at the science center....and it was FREE. Can't beat that!
I LOVE how these pictures of the kids turned out! The sun was just right in the sky and the setting was so picture pefect. Lucky for us we didn't notice the sign until we were done taking pictures of the kids....then we got a couple of the adults and called it good.
Nelson turned 7 years old on December 31st (poor kids) so we all got to be there for his birthday. Grandma Boden needs to go back to school though; "Happy Birlday"? Heehee. Actually, I didn't even notice until I was going through the pictures later. Not sure anyone noticed :-).
Then, later that night, we all celebrated New Years with....NEW YORK! It was 9pm California time and we thought we would get the kids down and play some games with just the adults but we ended up celebrating with Chicago too and then putting the kids down. With all the sugar in their bodies they weren't quite ready at 9pm. The bad news is that I couldn't keep my eyes open by the time it was 10:30 so I snuck off and went to bed myself. I know. I'm such a party pooper.
AND THIS IS IT PEOPLE! I am now officially done with 2010! WOOHOO! and since January is usually a pretty slow month, I am pretty much caught up! YEAH! Just in time for Valentine's day ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment