Tyler is the only one with a b-day in May but since we couldn't fit in the triplets
b-day in April we had lots of parties in May. This year Tyler turned 15. This number for some reason made me realize that he is not going to be with us much longer. 4 years will go by really quick and it scares me just a little. Funny story though; I can't remember what specifically he asked me if he could do the very next day after his 15th b-day (that's what you get when you are 5 months behind in your journal/blog) but the answer was something along the lines of (raised eyebrows and laughing) "I don't think so" with his response being, "but I'm almost 16." LOL! Really? It reminds me of something John Bytheway (whom we L-O-V-E, love) said in one of his books. He says, "Most teenagers never turn 15 years old. They just skip that year. They're either 14 or "almost 16". I read this just recently and laughed as I remembered what Tyler had said right after he turned 15. John goes on to crack my up by saying, " Sixteen is an age to look forward to because of the two D's: dating and driving. You might be interested to know that your parents think of two corresponding D's when you turn 16: depression and dents. Depression because you're growing up too fast and "dents" because of what happened to the can as a result of the lesson you missed in driver's ed." The first is very true....the latter I hope we will avoind:-)
The shirt he is holding up was a gift from one of his church Young Men's leaders that he loves, Brent Jenson. Brent is math geek and we LOVE him to death. Very good friend and nice guy. He also gave him "star trek" uno cards:-).
Happy 15th birthday, Tyler David Boden! You are growing up to be an awesome son and wonderful young man!
I decided this year that 10 years old was old enough to have seprate boy/girl parties. Chases was a movie themed b-day. They kids played a couple of games and then watched "Scooby-doo" and had cake and opened presents.
It was fun to decorate the room for his b-day and I made some dang cute invitation that I just now realized I forgot to include a picture of. If I remember I'll put it in the next blog entry. He had alot of fun with all his friends. Happy 10th b-day to my buuuudddY, my handsome boY, my little joY!
The girls, on the other hand, had a pajama themed b-day party and decided to have a craft instead of games so they all made their own tye-dye (sp?) shirts with permanent markers and played on the trampoline. The craft took up most of the time and then they had cake, ice cream and presents. Again, their invitations turned out cute and I forgot to include a picture. I hope I took some pics. UGH! I'll have to look. Theirs were sleeping bags that we made though and they turned out really cute.
No matter where we have lived the girls make friends very easily. They are so much fun to be around and full of energy. They are my BEST FRIENDS! I love you Meagan and Jenna. Happy 10th b-day! (P.S. last pic was them pooped after their party. don't you love how they are laying all over the bed and eachother?)

No comments:
Post a Comment