Monday, October 24, 2011

Trying new things...

 
Sticking to the theme of this blog entry...,Ryan ran for student body this year. He is such a happy, fun kid! He can't tell a story without smiling or nearly laughing the entire time. Anyway, he didn't make it but he is not giving up. He came into the school year half way through the year last year so by the end of the year this year more people will know him. I, on the other hand, decided to see what extentions would look like on me. I've had a lot of fun with them.

 
We heard that the Author of the "Fabelhaven" series was in South Jordan signing bools so we took ALL (heehee) our Brandon Mull books and had him sign them. The kids were SO excited to meet the guy who has written some of their favorite series. And, yes, that is Ryan giving him bunny ears (hello!).

 
The girls LOVE gymnastics and are doing really well at Jolley's. They go twice a week and most of the time they come home and say they want to go more than twice a week.

 
This time, at their performance, Meagan had gotten her aerial. I didn't get her on camera in the actual aerial (dang it...the battery in my camera was dying) but I got her on video camera (or rather Tyler did) thank goodness. They both did really well. It is fun to see them succeed!


 
This year Ryan got to go to his first official concert and what better group to start out with than U2! He and Dave went to the U2 concert and had a blast! He couldn't stop taling about it for days!
Chase also had a pinewood derby for scouts and got second place this year! We were so proud of him as he designed and painted and made the entire thing (well, we did the cutting...too protective still). Good job Chase!


 
Posted by Picasa

Okay, so we decided to go to Antelope Island to do a bike trail one Saturday. As we paid at the entry they had a sign up warning us about the gnats. I asked the lady if the bug spray I brought would help. She said sometimes. We decided to go for it. As we were driving out all these bugs were getting smashed all over our windshield. We should have taken that as a hint and left. We went on, got out, rode our bikes for about 1/4 of a mile before I was dying! People coming back were telling us that it got som thick "up ahead" that you could hardly breathe. We decided we wanted it to be a fun, good family experience and that if we went on there was NO WAY that was going to happen. We decided to pack it up and haul it out. Dave thought I was being a wimp but the 18 gnat bites all over my face and neck were proof that I wasn't lying. Yes, 18 in about 15 minutes. When you go out to Antelope island and it warns you about the gnats, DON"T IGNORE IT! Lesson learned:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment