So this is the second year in a row that we didn't go anywhere for Thanksgiving and we didn't have anybody over (not that we didn't ask but apparently everyone else had family and/or somewhere to go). Not again. Next year we WILL be with family on Thanksgiving.
Anyway, it was a relaxing day that started with me sleeping in until nearly 9 am :). I got up and made an apple pie and a pumkin pie then a sweet potatoe casserole and homemade rolls. After all that was cooked we stuck the 13 lb. turkey in and left to go see a movie with the kids called "Hugo". When we got back the girls made name place cards and the boys...probably played the Wii.
Turkey was done around 4 and we let the eating commence!
Yes, since there was no company I used paper plates:)
I am Thankful to be around my favorite people in the ENITRE world on this Thanksgiving day. I am also grateful to be able to say that I AM NOW ALL CAUGHT UP IN MY BLOG JOURNAL! (and just in time for one of the busiest times of the year

No comments:
Post a Comment