Monday, January 10, 2011

More summer fun 2010!

 
No matter where we have lived the girls find it very easy to make friends. They love eachother and honestly don't know what to do when the other isn't around (really, Jenna was following me all over the house the other day when Meagan went to play with a friend and she didn't becsause she had piano lesson). They are like lost little puupies. They are eachothers best friends. They, however, are also very social and love hanging out with friends. This was a fun night with their friend Eliza Cook. We hung out at Eliza's pool then I took the girls shopping where they picked out these matching shirts and then we all went over to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. Afterward, we came home and watched a movie. It was a fun girls night out with my girls and Eliza.


 
I think this was actually in September but I can't remember. That's why I try hard to get things written down as soon as possible because I don't always remember everything I would like to include. We took the kids up one of the canyons, parked our car and road up 2 more miles on our bikes, then got off our bikes and hiked another mile up to a lake called "Cecret Lake". Except for being a little chilly it was a great activity with the kids. They all did great (after they warmed up on their bikes from going uphill) and we all celebrated by going to Hire's Big H (which, btw, is much better then In-n-Out. Yes, yes it is). Ahh! now I remember! It was Labor Day weekend so it WAS Septmeber. Anyway, what a nice day!


 
Once we got to the Lake we broke out the granola bars and let the kids play. I was waiting for one of them to fall in but we were lucky this time. Everyone came back down the mountain dry. Miracle of miracles!

 
Posted by Picasa

Back in April, for Chase's 9th b-day, one of the gifts he got was a fake ticket to a REAL soccer game. In August, we finally delivered on that promise and took him and a friend (Zack Rhodes) to a game. Wait a minute....I need to call Dave at work and ask him who they were playing. I can't remember. I do remember we won and I do remember the AWESOME goal that one of the REAL players made. Dang it! He's not answering. Must be on a date with his girlfriend ;-). Well, it was a very fun day for him as he stuffed his face with popcorn, hambugers, pop, and cotton candy and rooted for REAL. The boys were SO full of energy on the way home that we let them go at the top of Zach's street and made them run home. Thus, the picture of Chase running down the dark sidewalk and the picture of the boys wrestling in Zach's front yard. Too bad I can't bottle that energy and sell it. I'd be a rich women.

No comments:

Post a Comment