Wednesday, November 2, 2011

back to the Schell side

 
Jen came up to see and spent some time with us. I wish it could have been more. It had only been 2 months since I had seen her but she's like a drug: the more you see her the more you want to see her. Thanks for coming up Jen!

 
Fletcher (Rachael's youngest) was as mischevious and cute as usual. I love this picture of Amy and Jane together. I have great sister-in-laws. We had fun palying games and laughing together. The one of Dave and Nate is fun too: caught in the moment of just really enjoying eachother. Sure wish we were all closer.

 
And then there's Hanging Rock State Park. It was a muggy day for a hike but when you actually stopped hiking it was very pleasant with a slight breeze now and then.

 
Posted by Picasa

I wish I could remember the name of the 2 falls we hiked to. If I didn't get so far behind in my blogging I could. You can't see the snake in the bottom right picture but it was a copperhead that we saw. eewwww!
True story: as we were heading back Ryan realized that his phone fell out of his pocket somewhere along the way. He was very distraught and so, like a good dad that Dave is, they went back to the falls to see if perhaps that is where it dropped out and they could find it. If not, then we were going to count it as a loss as we didn't want to hike all the way back up to Hanging rock. What are the odss?....but they found it. And yes, there was a prayer of gratitute said right a way and that night at family prayer. What a blessing.
We had a wonderful time with both sides of the family and only missed out on seeing Tom, Jane, and their kids because they had just moved to San Antonio, Texas:(. They were noticably not there and missed greatly. Family reunion next year in San Antonio? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment