Sunday, November 13, 2011

completing our "things to do before school starts" list

 
First off, the girls cannot keep still. They have lots of energy. They are getting really good at gymnastics and like to do it whenever there is any open space. ANY. This is Jenna doing a cartwheel, front walk-over, power round-off, 2 backhand springs, and walk-out (I have no idea what these are. she just told me what to put).

 
Two weeks before school started I sat down with the kids and asked them to make a list of things they wanted to do before school started. Then we made a schedule and stuck to it pretty good. Some of the things we did were go to an out door pool (South Jordan has an indoor pool) so we went to one in West Jordan and it is a great pool. We will for sure go again. One story about that; the pool had a high dive board which was so much fun for the kids. Meagan decided to do a flip off the high dive and totally landed on her front. SLAP! I was jumping up and running over the minute I saw it. She was a little rattled but she got over it really quick, although she said she wasn't going to try it again. I was SO impressed that she wasn't afraid AND Chase too! He did a dive off the high dive. I don't think I would have even done that. He had a headache though.
Anyway, the pic of me is in here because I bought a new hat to keep the sun off my face and Dave loves to pick on me when I wear it. He thinks I look dorky and like an old lady. Hey, it keeps the wrinkles away so whatev.
Some of the other ativities were: going to a splash pad, going to a water park, going bowling, going on a picnic, going on a bike ride, going water skiing one last time, go to see great Grandma Larsen and go to California. We did it all except Cali...that had to wait until Labor Day weekend.

 
One day we met Dave at Liberty Park and had a picnic. There was a splash pad there but they mostly threw the frisbee and played on the playground.

 
I love my cute, crazy kids. Jenna had a loose tooth and kept grossing everyone out by showing them.

 
My little monkeys.
 
Posted by Picasa

Jenna and Meagan both LOVE to climb things. Trees, poles, up the walls in the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment