This year the girls wanted to try volleyball out so I signed them up to play at Marv Jenson Rec center. I volunteered to help out as assistant coach but since nobody signed up to be coach I was automatically the coach...and a very nervous one at that. I played one year in High School but that was nearly 25 years ago!
It was not something I would do again for various reasons but the team did well winning 6 out of their 8 matches and the girls really did improve which is always fun to see. Neither one of them could serve the ball over the net at the beginning but my the last 3 games they would have one or two serve go over the net. They also weren't afraid to go and hit the ball. Some kids were and never got over that. Proud of my little girls. Funny thing though. When I showed up the first day and met the 7 other players on the team I thought we were on the wrong team because all the other teammates were so much bigger than my girls but I asked everyone their name and age and they were all 10 and 11 so I guess my girls really are just small for their age.
I am not one who has ever really gotten into Halloween but this year I thought it would be fun to have a couple of the girls friends over and make some simple halloween decorations. The pictures and frames turned out great but and really so did the yarn balls but I don't know if I'll ever do the yarn balls again. They were really messy. I don't know. Never say never, right? If I do it will be with older kids though.

No comments:
Post a Comment